Oracle/Sun Solaris System Administration
This hands-on course prepares System Administrators to successfully configure, manage, maintain, and administer SUN SOLARIS Unix servers in a networked environment. Emphasis is on configuring file systems, peripherals, and user accounts, as well as managing and configuring core OS,patches and application software. Successful completion this courses can lead to SUN SOLARIS professional certification. This course is 50 percent lecture and 50 percent hands-on.
Duration : 40 Hrs
On Completion of this course students should be able to :
- Install SUN Solaris Operating System.
- Install Softwares and Patches.
- Understand and use system management tools.
- Manage Physical and Logical devices.
- Perform file system management.
- Reconfiguring the Kernel.
- Create and manage user and group accounts.
- Perform and restore system backups.
- Utilize administrative subsystems, including cron to
schedule system tasks, and secutiry to implement
custom access of files and directories.
- Configure Basic networking.